With the Yelp Pro add-on for Synup, you can connect your Yelp account to the Synup dashboard. This will enable you and your team to monitor incoming customer reviews, respond to them in real-time, get almost-real-time performance metrics for your Yelp profiles, and manage your listings as you see fit.
Note: To respond to reviews, you must have the Yelp Pro addon and connect the appropriate Yelp account that has access to the Yelp listing.
Enabling the Yelp Pro add-on
Before you connect your accounts, ensure that the Yelp Pro add-on is enabled for your Synup account.
- Click on your profile icon on the top right of the window
- Select Billing Portal from drop-down
- Select the Add-ons option in the left sidebar
- Under “Yelp Pro”, select “Enable add-on”
Connecting Yelp to Synup
To set up a connection between Yelp and Synup, you need the following:
- Yelp Pro add-on for Synup
- Valid account credentials to a verified Yelp account
Steps to connect Yelp to Synup:
- Login to your dashboard, navigate to Listings → Premium Listings using the Navigation Picker
- Alongside Yelp, click on “Connect Account”. You will be taken to Yelp’s Oauth page. Enter your Yelp credentials here and click on Authorize.
- This will connect your Synup and Yelp accounts.
- Once you’ve authorized the connection, you’ll see a status update on the Listings page “We are checking your account for matching listings to connect to”. This means Synup is now checking whether the Yelp account you provided has access to the location’s Yelp listing. You will be notified once the process is complete.
- Once the process is complete, the status will change to “Connected: firstname.lastname@example.org” and you can manage your Yelp account directly within Synup.
Using the Yelp Pro add-on
The Yelp Pro add-on in Synup enables users to:
- Manage their Yelp listings: Businesses can manage the following location details on Yelp via Synup
- Business Name
- Business Description
- Business URL or Website
- Phone numbers
- Operating Hours
- Upload and manage Photos
Please go through this section for detailed articles on how to manage your listings from Synup.
- Businesses can also keep an eye on incoming reviews and respond to them. This section has articles on managing incoming reviews and responding to them - manually as well as with the use of automated templates.
- Monitor performance metrics, visits, and clicks on their Yelp profiles using Synup’s Analytics. For an in-depth guide on how to use Synup Analytics to understand your business’s performance on Yelp, please refer to these articles.
What is the difference between connected and synced?
Synced: This indicates that your location info has been synced with the Yelp listing. This ensures that whatever changes you make to your location in Synup are accurately reflected on Yelp.
Connected: If you connect your Yelp account to the location by authorizing Synup, in addition to managing store listings, and being able to view reviews, you can respond to those reviews from the Synup Dashboard.
Is it possible to use Yelp without connecting accounts?
Yes, you can choose to merely sync Yelp listings without connecting your Yelp account. This will not allow you to respond to reviews but you can manage your listings and content.
Synup says that my connection is about to expire?
For security purposes, the Synup-Yelp account connection will periodically expire once every 45 days. You will be notified via email and within the product on the listings page 10 days before expiry.
Please log in and reauthorize as necessary. If the connection expires, your data on Synup and Yelp will not be affected in any way, however, you will no longer be able to make use of the Yelp capabilities in Synup.