As a part of attribute expansion, we now support over-writing attributes for specific publishers.
Why are we doing this?
- To update category mapping specific to certain publishers/site partners.
- Updating business phone numbers to a call tracking number to track calls via Google.
- Updating cover images for Facebook that align with the cover image specifications/dimensions as recommended by Facebook.
- Business name updates on partner sites such as Yelp, as they do not allow legal names such as LLC, Inc, geographic information on their business names.
Note: Attribute changes will be allowed at the add location screen, edit location, and bulk edit location screens.
Note: Validation of these fields will be specific to the partners as mentioned in our article What attributes are allowed in publisher overrides.
FAQs about publisher overrides
What is the impact of publisher overrides on listings?
- When these attribute overrides are set for the locations, the added values would override the attributes' values when being submitted to publishers.
Would we be able to submit overrides via a bulk upload CSV for multiple locations?
- Not at the moment.
What happens to attribute values set via automation?
- Anything set in automation would override values set on Publisher Overrides too.
How to remove a publisher attribute?
- Read this article to learn how to remove publisher overrides.