Notification Emails for Connection Issues
You will now receive notification or summary emails from Synup for various scenarios including account connection issues or failures so you can resolve them rapidly
This article will explain the kinds of notification emails you can receive for connection issues, and how to subscribe to them.
Types of connection notification emails
- Digest email of connection issues on an account: This email summarizes the list of locations and accounts that have connection issues in a CSV file. The “Reason” column provides details on why a particular location or account might be inaccessible. This email summary is sent once daily to all subscribers.
- Warning email about connections that will expire soon: Facebook requires you to renew connections periodically (every 90 days) for your account’s security. This email notifies you of upcoming renewals/expirations for every connected Facebook account 10 days before the scheduled expiry.
Note: Facebook may automatically force connection expiry earlier. In which case, you can simply renew the connection from the Listings page by clicking on the Renew button
- Warning email about an expired connection: If a Google or Facebook account connection has expired and is impacting platform functionality, then you will receive an email notifying you. After the connection issue is detected, these notification emails are sent out within 24 hours if not resolved.
How to add subscribers for notification emails
By default, all notification emails about connection issues are sent to account admins with no further steps required on your part.
However, if you wish to keep certain members of your team in the loop, such as your marketing managers or coordinators, you can add them to the notifications email list by following these steps:
- Login to your Synup dashboard, navigate to the settings option, under account settings.
- Then select the ‘Notification Settings’ option from the left panel.
- In the right-hand column, under “Send email notifications to”, click on the ‘Add Email’ button
- Add the email IDs you want to send connection notification emails to.
Note: Adding someone to the subscriber list here will result in them receiving email notifications not just for connection issues but also for any reports or notifications subscribed here on the left -- such as review notifications or insights reports.