What are Time based Automations?
As the name suggests, create/schedule frequently performed tasks through automation for specific time periods without the hassle of re-creating the task at every interval. Perform this scheduled task for multiple locations without having to do it manually for 1 location at a time.
From your Navigation bar, select Automations -> All automations -> Setup automations -> TIme based automations.
To create an Time-based automation- There are 4 steps involved:
- Set up automations details
- Choose automation locations
- Setup automation publisher
- Preview & publish automation
Step 1 - Set up Automation details
- Give your Automation a name
- Set up the automation schedule - Run Once/ Repeat Weekly/ Repeat Monthly.
- Select the start date when you want this automation to be activated.
- If the Automation you are scheduling is weekly/monthly, you will see the scheduled preview on the right-hand side.
- Select the repeat days (Mon-Sun) & time to start the automation.
- Select the duration for the automation campaign - Run forever/Run until options available.
- If you choose Run until option - select the date range to run this automation.
Step 2 - Choose Automation locations.
- In step 2, you will select the location for which you want to trigger the Automation.
- Select the Filter Conditions - Tag, Name, City Postal code, Categories, State, Folders.
- Then select the value filter from the dropdowns - Equals to, Not equals to, Contains.
- Now select the value in the field provided - based on the Filter condition - in the example provided, we have chosen the value filter as Tag.
- Note: When you start typing - the existing tags will show up in the dropdown, from which you can select the Tag value you want. The same principle applies to other filter conditions as well.
- Once this is done, click on Next Step.
Step 3 - Setup publisher actions
- Here choose the publishers for which you want to set up the Automation.
- Then select the Automation action from the given dropdown options.
- You can add multiple actions by clicking the Add action button.
To know more about the limitations of publisher networks, click here.
Step 4 - Preview & Publish Automation
- In this Final step, verify the Automation details you have added.
- Verify the Automation schedule/frequency.
- Verify the locations/tag locations added.
- Verify the publishers added for this Automation.
- Verify the actions to be performed.
- Once you have verified all the Automation created - you can either save it as a draft or Create Automation.
Automation successfully created
- Once the Automation has been created/Enabled/Active - you will see a confirmation screen, such as this image added.
- If you wish to stop this automation at any point, click on the message displayed, “Click here to stop the automation.”
- You can also edit the Automation created. Just click on the Edit option displayed within the automation.
- Additional options are available to Stop, Clone & Run details for every Automation you create under the hamburger sign/3 vertical dots.
*Run Details - will show the history of Automation runs triggered through this automation, based on the respective frequencies setup.
Please sign in to leave a comment.