In this article, learn how to:
- Setup your Scantool
- Setup CNAME records
About Our Scantool
Synup allows you to embed our listings scanner - Scan Tool, on your website or host this as an independent scan tool with a custom link.
The Scan tool helps you:
- Generate leads, by embedding the scan tool on your website.
- Keep a record of the leads/prospects for your business.
- Show your customers where their location/business information is inconsistent across the web.
Setting up your Scan Tool involves 2 Steps:
- Step 1 - Setting up your scan tool
- Step 2 - Set up your CNAME records to integrate the Scan Tool
Step 1: Setting up your Scantool
Log in to your Synup dashboard and select Settings from the drop-down menu and choose Agency Settings from the left navigation panel.
Your Scan Tool settings will be displayed on the right.
To set up your scan tool, you need to fill in the following:
- Agency Name - Enter the name of your agency in this space. This name appears on your scan tool as part of the white-labeled functionality of the tool.
- Agency Email - Enter an email ID in this space. Every time a new lead is generated, an email notification is sent to this email with the lead information.
- Custom Domain - Provide a URL of the website on which you intend to host the Scan Tool. You can customize this or even add your business name in the URL. For example- scan.mybusiness.com.
Note: When you access your domain settings to host the tool from your domain, this URL needs to point towards Synup's Cname-records.
Learn more about how Cname records work.
- Link to Fix Listings - Enter a URL of a page that your users can be redirected to after they click on "Fix Your Listings" CTA in the scan tool. For example, you could redirect your potential clients to the "create an account" or "Contact us" page on your website, after running a scan.
- Page Title - Enter a suitable title for a page on which the scan tool is accessible. For example, A page title displays in search results as added below:
- Page description - Enter the meta description here, and it appears in the description tag of your scan tool page.
- Google Tag Manager container ID - You can add your Google Tag Manager ID here to view Google analytics for your Scan Tool hosting page. Log into your Tag Manager Account to access your Google Tag Manager ID. Learn more here. If you do not have a Google Tag Manager account, you can create one here. When you create an account, a new container creates by default. Copy your Container ID and enter it in this space.
Note: Adding tag manager container id is not mandatory. Your scan tool works seamlessly, even without a Tag Manager container ID.
- Upload custom CSS - You can upload a custom CSS file in this space to change the look or the user interface of the scan tool. For example, if you want the scan tool page to match your brand colors, you can upload a custom CSS file.
Set up your CNAME records to integrate the Scan Tool
Once you have updated the settings on your Synup Dashboard, you need to add a CNAME record on your web hosting providers' admin panel.
This enables you to host the tool on your webpage.
Google has a very comprehensive article to help you set up your CNAME record. Depending on your web hosting provider, you might have to follow a different set of steps.
General Set up on your Web hosting site:
- Log into your domain account.
- Go to the section where you can manage your DNS records (usually accessible under a settings tab). If you are unsure where to find your DNS records, please contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- On the DNS Management page, add a record and specify the type as CNAME.
- You need to enter the following fields: Name: <your sub-domain>
- This the Custom Domain URL that you set in Scantool Settings. Value: scan.synup.com
- Once your CNAME is setup, Navigate to the subdomain URL (Custom Domain URL) you setup, and you should see your scan tool live.
To manage your leads, read this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.