With our Google integration, you can ensure that your Google profile is up to date, with enhanced data such as - images, hours of operation, payment methods, and any such location content that you add from your Synup Dashboard.
Before you connect your Google Account, ensure that you have:
- Valid account credentials to a verified account.
- Existing Google My Business listings associated with the Google account for the locations you are attempting to link.
- Owner permission is enabled for the Google account you are attempting to link.
Connecting your Google Account from your Dashboard
Log in to your Dashboard and use the Navigation Picker in the overhead navigation bar to access a Location you want to link to a Google Account.
Click on Listings in the overhead navigation bar and select Premium Listings.
Click on Connect Account displayed alongside the Google Listing.
Log in with an existing GMB account and click ‘Allow’ to authorize business verification.
Google identifies the existing GMB listing for the Location you have added to your Synup Dashboard. Select the Location that Google identifies as a match, and click “Connect this Location.”
Note: if no Google Listing is found for the Location you could try with an alternative account, or go ahead and create a new listing by clicking the Create a new business on Google.
*Zipcode is a major matching factor for the search result to appear in this section.
Once the GMB account is connected successfully, you will see the confirmation alongside the listing.
You can also Disconnect the connected GMB account, or even switch accounts if the GMB ownership for the said location has changed.
Troubleshooting GMB Errors
Connecting your account may fail if:
- The Google Account you are trying to connect to is not verified. In this case, you can use the URL displayed to log into Google and verify your account.
- Synup will check the GMB verification status of unverified locations. Added below is the process followed:
- The system will check this every day at 12 AM UTC.
- Locations added to the Synup dashboard in the last 7 days will be checked for verification status every day.
- Locations added on the Synup dashboard, that is older than the last 7 days will be checked for verification status once in a week.
- Your GoogleMyBusiness listing has been claimed by another. In this case, you can Request Ownership of a business listing.
Want to optimize your GMB listing?? Here is a 9-point checklist to help optimize your GMB profiles.
Understanding Listing UI display Errors
After connecting your GMB account or any other account that manually needs to be connected, there could be 2 possible errors that you will notice in the ToolTip (The arrow icon placed next to the Listing).
- Partner Experiencing issues, awaiting a response - When the submission has been successful from Synup, but the partner is unable to complete the submission.
- Information Submitted to partner, awaiting a response - When the submission has been posted by Synup to the publishing partner, but the same has not been approved by the partner yet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.