By creating a Page, you can use more tools and share it with a broader audience. Converting your profile to a Page creates a new Facebook Page that's based on your profile.
Note: You can only convert your profile to a Page once.
When you convert your profile to a Page:
- You'll have both a profile and a Page after conversion.
- Facebook will transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page's name.
- You can select from your friends, followers, and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page's followers. See more information in the section below.
- You can choose which photos and videos to copy over from your profile, but keep in mind that views and other metrics remain with your profile and can't transfer to the Page.
- If you're converting a verified profile, please note that your verified badge will be removed from your profile, and you'll need to re-submit your new Page for verification.
- You can preview all changes before publishing your new Page.
- When you've finished setting up your new Page, Facebook will ask you to check your privacy settings on your profile to make sure you're sharing what you want to share.
Download your Profile data before converting it to a page
Unfortunately, when you convert a personal profile into a business page, you are likely to lose some information. Though your friends will carry over (they’ll be converted into “Likes”), as well as your general information and most (if not all) of your photos and videos, your individual posts will not carry over—it will be lost in the process of conversion.
That means that if you ever want to look back and recreate your posts, you’ll need a record to reflect on. You can get this record by following Facebook’s instructions to do so.
To convert your profile to a Facebook Page:
- Go to Create a Facebook Page Based on Your Profile.
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your new Page will automatically publish once the conversion process is finished.
What Happens to My Friends, Followers, and Pending Friend Requests When I Convert to a Page?
Once your new Page is published:
- Your profile's followers, friends, and friend requests will get notified that you've created a new Page.
- The profile followers you choose will automatically follow the new Page and will be removed from following your profile.
- Friends and pending friend requests you select will automatically like and follow the new Page, and won't be removed from your profile.