Brands with a significantly large number of locations can upload data using a CSV file.
Multi-Location Data Upload via CSV
This process includes creating a comma-separated value (CSV) file using a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
To begin adding multiple locations follow the steps below:
Login to the Platform to access your dashboard. To do this, visit Synup Login.
- Click on the ‘Add New Location’ Button displayed in the navigation bar.
- In the New Location Wizard, Click ‘Add using CSV’, displayed in the top right corner.
2 Steps are involved to complete the bulk upload
Step 1: Download the help manual and CSV template.
This download link contains three files:
- Bulk Add Manual (PDF): A detailed manual to help you format and upload your CSV file. It also contains descriptions of the required fields in the CSV and how to handle any errors that might occur when you attempt to upload your file.
- A Category List (spreadsheet): A spreadsheet with supported business categories for your locations.
- Sample Template (plain text): A formatted template to help you create your spreadsheet. Open this sample CSV import file using a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets and fill in your location data. Note that not all fields are mandatory. Use Bulk Upload Manual to reference optional and mandatory fields.
Note: Check your file before saving it to avoid any format errors. To learn more about how to format your CSV file, refer to this article.
Once you have finished editing your spreadsheet, save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as "Export as.CSV" or "Download as.CSV".
Step 2: Upload the CSV file to proceed
Click ‘Select CSV File’ to upload your file.
Note: it may take up to 15 minutes to upload all your location data. Once your file has been successfully uploaded you will receive an email notification on the account email registered with Synup.
If your CSV file was successfully uploaded all your Locations will display as summary cards. You can click on any Location to start managing your data.
Resolving an Error with the CSV File Upload
If your CSV file upload was unsuccessful, a download link will display on the notification card.
Refer to the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Download Error CSV’ link displayed on the error notification card. Open this file using a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- This file contains all locations that failed data validation, along with descriptions of the errors.
- You can use this file to make the required changes to your data.
- Save the edited file as CSV and click ‘Select CSV File’ on your dashboard to upload the file.
- Once your CSV file is successfully uploaded, all Locations will be added to your account and the listing sync process will be initiated. Learn more about data sync here.