Through this article learn how to:
Synup allows you to embed our listings scanner - Scan Tool, on your website or host this as an independent scan tool with a custom link.
The Scan tool helps you:
- It is a lead generating tool embedded on your website.
- Keeps a record of leads for your own business
- Show your customers where their location/business information is inconsistent across the web.
Setting up your Scan Tool involves:
- Step 1 - Setting up your scantool
- Step 2 - Set up your CNAME records to integrate the Scan Tool
Setting up your Scantool
Log in to your Synup dashboard and select Settings from the drop-down menu and choose Agency Settings from the left navigation panel.
Your Scan Tool settings will be displayed on the right.
To setup your scan tool, you need to fill in the following:
- Agency Name - Enter the name of your agency in this space. This name appears on your scan tool as part of the white-labeled functionality of the tool.
- Agency Email - Enter an email ID in this space. Every time a new lead is generated, an email notification is sent to this email with the lead information.
- Custom Domain - Provide a URL of the website on which you intend to host the Scan Tool. You can customize this or even add your business name in the URL. For example- scan.mybusiness.com.
Note: When you access your domain settings to host the tool from your domain, this URL needs to point towards Synup's Cname-records.
Learn more about how Cname records work.
- Link to Fix Listings - Enter a URL of a page that your users can be redirected to after they click on "Fix Your Listings" CTA in the scan tool.
For example, you could redirect your potential clients to "create an account" or "Contact us" page on your website, after running a scan.
- Page Title - Enter a suitable title for a page on which the scan tool is accessible.
For example, A page title displays in search results as added below:
- Page description - Enter the meta description here, and it appears in the description tag of your scan tool page.
- Google Tag Manager container ID - You can add your Google Tag Manager ID here to view Google analytics for your Scan Tool hosting page. Log into your Tag Manager Account to access your Google Tag Manager ID. Learn more here. If you do not have a Google Tag Manager account, you can create one here. When you create an account, a new container creates by default. Copy your Container ID and enter it in this space.
Note: Adding tag manager container id is not mandatory. Your scan tool works seamlessly, even without a Tag Manager container ID.
- Show Error checkbox - Enabling the show errors checkbox allows you to display scan results along with discrepancies in business NAP (name, address, and phone information) on public listings. Else the results displayed will only show "Listing Missing", for directories where the listings data in inaccurate.
- Upload custom CSS - You can upload a custom CSS file in this space to change the look or the user interface of the scan tool.
For example, if you want the scan tool page to match your brand colors, you can upload a custom CSS file.
Set up your CNAME records to integrate the Scan Tool
Once you have updated the settings on your Synup Dashboard, you need to add a CNAME record on your web hosting providers' admin panel.
This enables you to host the tool on your webpage.
Google has a very comprehensive article to help you set up your CNAME record. Depending on your web hosting provider, you might have to follow a different set of steps.
General Set up on your Web hosting site:
Log into your domain account.
Go to the section where you can manage your DNS records (usually accessible under a settings tab). If you are unsure where to find your DNS records, please contact your hosting provider for assistance.
On the DNS Management page, add a record and specify the type as CNAME.
You need to enter the following fields:
- Name: <your sub-domain>
This the Custom Domain URL that you set in Scantool Settings.
- Value: scan.synup.com
Once your CNAME is setup, Navigate to the subdomain URL (Custom Domain URL) you setup, and you should see your scan tool live.
Scan Tool Lead Insights
Navigate to the leads section under settings to view the leads captured through the scan tool.
The Overview Panel summarises how many leads have channeled in.
The performance metrics measures how customers engage with your digital profiles through:
- The total number of scan tools leads you have received (the total number, and not just for the selected period).
- New leads you've generated during a specified time range.
- Leads from single location businesses
- Leads from multi-location businesses.
You can choose to filter this data by time intervals to compare performance for different date ranges.
To do this:
- Click the Period drop-down.
- Select from - 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, or custom (select the custom period).
Understanding the Graph View
Each point along the line graph shows you the number of leads generated at different points in time.
You can access the individual leads that you've generated along with details such as the business location and contact information, the type of business (single-location, multi-location, marketing-agency), and scan tool reports.
You can delete any of these individual leads by clicking the Delete option displayed beneath the name and contact information.
You can also delete multiple Leads by selecting the checkboxes against the leads you want to delete.