With our Google integration, you can ensure that your Google profile is regularly updated with enhanced data such as - images, hours of operation, payment methods, and any such location content that you add from your Synup dashboard.
Before you connect your Google Account, ensure that you have:
- Valid account credentials to a verified account.
- Existing Google My Business listings associated with the Google account for the locations you are attempting to link.
- Owner permission enabled for the Google account you are attempting to link.
Connecting your Google Account from your dashboard
Use the Navigation Picker in the overhead navigation bar to access a Location you want to link a Google Account with.
Click on Listings in the overhead navigation bar and select Premium Listings.
Click on Connect Account displayed alongside the Google Listing.
Log in with an existing account and click ‘Allow’ to authorize business verification.
Google will identify the existing GMB listing for the location you have added to your Synup dashboard.
Select the location that Google has identified, and click Connect this Location.
Note: If no Google Listing was found for the Location you can try connecting an alternative Account, or go ahead and create a new listing by clicking the Create a new business on Google.
After you have linked your business Location on Google, you will be redirected to the dashboard. The Listing sync will now be initiated.
Your location data will sync within 72 hours.
Note: A verification process will be initiated when you create a new Business on Google. To learn more about this verification process, see “Verify your business.”
To add or edit an existing business see Adding or editing your existing Google Business.
Troubleshooting Possible Errors
Connecting your account may fail if:
- The Google Account you are trying to connect is not verified. In this case, you can use the URL displayed to log into Google and verify your account.
Once your account has been verified, you can try connecting your account again.
- Your GoogleMyBusiness listing has been claimed by another. In this case, you can Request Ownership of a business listing.
Want to optimize your GMB listing?? Here is a 9-point checklist to help optimize your GMB profiles.