You can verify your business by the below-mentioned four methods.
- Verify Business listing by Mail
- Verify a business listing by phone (available for select businesses)
- Verify a business listing by Email (available for select businesses)
- Bulk verification (available for businesses with 10+ locations)
Note: The verification method eligibility for a location is a random pick by Google, and you cannot change it. For Example - Some locations may only see a mail verification, but not a phone or text verification.
Verify Business listing by Mail
To verify your business listing by Mail, enter your business address in Google My Business. Google will send you a postcard with a verification code. Most postcards arrive within 14 days. Please ensure that your business address complies with the address entry guidelines, as suggested by Google, before requesting a verification.
Note: Do not edit your business name, address, or category, or request a new code while you're waiting for your verification postcard.
Follow the steps below to request a verification postcard:
- Sign in to Google My Business account.
- Select the business you'd like to verify, then click Verify now.
- On the postcard request screen, make sure that your address is displayed accurately. If it isn't, edit the address before you request your letter. You can also add an Optional contact name to help Google address the postcard to the respective individual.
- Click Send a postcard.
- Check the Mail for your postcard. Most postcards arrive within 14 days.
Note: Do not edit your business name, address, or category, or request a new code while you're waiting. It may delay the verification process.
To enter the verification code, follow the below steps:
- After you get your postcard, sign in to Google My Business.
- Open the location for which you initiated the verification.
- Select the Verify now button.
- Enter the 5-digit verification code you received in your postcard in the space provided.
- Click Submit.
- If you didn't get a postcard within 14-20 days, you could request a new one.
Note: After you enter your verification code, your business information will be eligible to appear live in Search, Maps, and other Google services.
Verify a business listing by phone (available for select businesses)
If your business is eligible to get a verification code by phone, you'll see the Verify by Phone option when you request verification.
Follow the steps below, to verify your business listing by phone:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Choose the business you'd like to verify, then click Verify now.
- Make sure you can directly answer your business phone number to get your verification code.
- To have the code sent to your phone via automated message, click Verify by phone.
- Enter the code from the message in the space provided in your Google My Business location.
Verify a business listing by Email (available for select businesses)
Note: Not all businesses can verify their listing by Email. If you don't see this option, try another verification method.
Before trying to verify your listing by Email, make sure you can access the email address shown in the verification screen.
Here are the steps to complete the verification by Email:
- Log into your Google My Business account and, choose the location you'd like to verify, and click Verify now.
- Select Email from the list of verification options.
- Check your Email.
- Click the Verify button in the verification email. (You can also enter the code from the Email in your Google My Business dashboard.)
After you enter your code, your business information will be eligible to appear live across in Search, Maps, and other Google properties.
Bulk verification (available for businesses with 10+ locations)
If you manage 10 or more locations of the same business, your business listings may be eligible for bulk verification.
Ineligibility for bulk verification
- Businesses with fewer than 10 locations: You can request verification for individual locations.
- Service area business: Request verification for individual locations.
- Agencies managing multiple businesses: If an agency is managing a chain business (10+ locations of the same business), the chain should apply for bulk verification. Then, the agency should request shared access to the chain's location group, which includes the locations that the chain has bulk verified.
Note: Listings in duplicate, suspended, or disabled status will not count towards the 10 listing minimum.
Bulk verification takes place at the account level. Two types of Google My Business accounts can be bulk verified:
- Individual user account: Once your account is verified, all eligible locations in your account not already claimed by another user are verified.
- Location group: Once the primary owner on the account is verified, all eligible locations in the location group/business account not already claimed by another user are verified.
Ground rules to check before you request Bulk verification
- Your spreadsheet should include 10 or more locations from the same business. Only business owners or authorized representatives may perform this activity.
Note: Agencies managing multiple businesses with one account are not eligible for bulk verification.
- Your spreadsheet should include all of the locations that you manage. Note: Not including all of your locations can cause significant delays in updating your business information.
- Your business type is eligible for verification.
- Your business isn't a service-area business.
- A verified account doesn't already exist.
- Your account is free of errors.
- Google does not allow bulk verification requests for service-area businesses.
- For individual listings-related issues for Brands or Agencies, the easiest way to communicate with the GMB team is: follow their Twitter handle @GoogleMyBiz and directly message them with ALL the relevant information. Provide as much information as possible so that it helps them troubleshoot the issue.
Note: Uploading a spreadsheet does not automatically send a request for verification.
To submit your locations for bulk verification:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click the Get verified button located next to one of your locations.
- Click Chain.
- Fill out the verification form accurately.
- Business Name
- Business Countries / Regions
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Business manager email
- Google Account Manager Email
Once you submit the verification request form, it may take up to a week or two, for it to be processed. Google will reach out to you by Email if they find any questions or problems and will let you know once your account is bulk verified.
After you verify your business listing, Google may ask you to review your information and make any final changes. When you're confident everything's up-to-date, click Done editing.
Note: You cannot update your business name till the time you have completed the verification process.
Definitions of different fields for the bulk sheet are mentioned in this Google Article.