Before you connect your Yelp Account, ensure that you have:
- Valid account credentials to a verified Yelp account.
- The URL of the Business, as listed on Yelp.
If you do not have an existing Yelp listing for your Location you can create one here.
Connecting your Yelp Account from your dashboard:
Log in to your dashboard and use the Navigation Picker to access a Location you want to link a Yelp Account with.
Click on Listings in the overhead navigation bar and select Premium Listings.
Click on Connect Account displayed alongside the Yelp Listing.
To connect your account, you will need to provide a Yelp Listing URL for the Location and add your Yelp account login credentials.
Click Submit to connect your account and initiate data sync.
Location data from your dashboard will now begin to sync with the Yelp Listing associated with the Account. Your location data will sync within 72 hours.
Note: The Yelp connect status will show as “Verification pending”, until the partner, i.e Yelp approves/provides the business ID.
Connecting your account may fail if:
- The Yelp URL provided is incorrect. In this case, you can re-enter your claimed Yelp listing URL to proceed.
- The Yelp Account credentials provided are incorrect. In this case, you can re-enter your credentials to proceed.
- The Yelp Account you are trying to connect to is not verified. In this case, In this case, you can verify your account and then connect your Yelp account again.
- Your Yelp listing has been claimed by another. In this case, you can Request Ownership of a business listing.
Once your account has been verified, you can try connecting your account again.
Yelp Review solicitation guidelines
Yelp updated their TOS in 2018 clarifying their stance about review solicitation.
“Businesses should not ask for or solicit reviews on Yelp, as it leads to deceptively biased content. This includes asking friends, family, or customers to write reviews; offering incentives or freebies in exchange for reviews; or working with companies that send review solicitation emails.” Read more about Yelp’s review solicitation penalty.
What to learn more about why Yelp Doesn’t Condone Review Solicitation? Read the complete article here.